Are you on a journey of self-discovery?
Self-discovery takes time. Have you ever wondered how much you really know yourself? There are many ways to begin the journey of self-discovery. One is to know your emotional intelligence. Discover what yours is by clicking on this link. There are many other tools and tests to aid in your discovery. But you are the only person who can really know who the “real” you is. Have you taken the time to do so? It’s important to be your own best friend. You should be familiar with your emotions and what causes you to react to various people and situations. So often it’s easy to not pay attention to your emotions and discount many of them. But your emotions exist to help lead and guide you to self-discovery. You can learn and grow from them.
Beneficial Self-Discovery Tests:
There is a test called the Myers-Briggs that defines 16 personality types according to American psychologist Carl Yung. It indicates your personality preferences in four dimensions:
- Where you focus your attention – Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I)
- The way you take in information – Sensing (S) or Intuition (N)
- How you make decisions – Thinking (T) or Feeling (F)
- How you deal with the world – Judging (J) or Perceiving (P)
I took the test years 20 years ago and again recently and it hasn’t changed. I am type ENFJ. Click here to take the test and discover your type. There are no wrong or right answers. It’s a tool to help you become self-aware.
I also know I am an empath. Below are the most common traits. I find it fascinating that the descriptions are very accurate. If you find yourself in most of them then you are highly empathic, although we are all empathetic to some degree because we live in a world where we connect, interact and try to understand one another.
- You somehow just “know” things. It’s a heightened sense of awareness beyond intuition.
- Being with large groups of people, crowds, public places can often feel overwhelming.
- You find yourself taking on the emotions of other people.
- You have given up on watching TV, movies and reading the newspaper because the cruelty, violence and tragedy are unbearable to you.
- It’s easy for you to tell when someone is being dishonest with you.
- You often take on the physical ailments of others close to you like sympathy pains.
- Afflicted with lower back pain or digestive disorders because holding emotions of others in the third chakra (solar plexus.)
- You are drawn to others who are suffering either physically or emotionally.
- People, even strangers feel a need to share their problems with you.
- You often feel fatigued or energy drained because of others.
- Interested in things with a supernatural nature and tend to be healers.
- Express creative abilities through art forms such as dance, writing, singing, etc.
- Have a love for nature and animals. You probably have a pet and you must spend time in nature.
- Need to spend a lot of time alone. If you don’t get your quiet time in you lose balance.
- Your mind must be stimulated otherwise you get bored or distracted.
- You are a free spirit; you love adventure, travel and a sense of freedom.
- Clutter is a ‘no, no’. It drains your energy and you feel weighed down.
- It’s easy to gain weight without over eating because it’s protection against negative energy.
- A great listener but don’t talk about yourself to others unless you trust them.
- You are tolerant of others but don’t like to be around narcissistic or egoistic people.
- You are moody, can appear shy, disconnected, quiet when taking on too much negative emotions from others.
Are you an empath?
Why do you need to know? Because knowing who you really are helps you understand why you feel a connection to some people and not to others. It can also protect your heath. How? Because you will begin to create boundaries when necessary, thus it will lower your stress levels.
Take the empath test http://karlamclaren.com/are-you-an-empath/
In summary, the more you know yourself the easier it will be to put yourself in surroundings that bring you pleasure and joy.
Enjoy your journey of self-discovery,
P.S. I know some of you reading this have gone through your healing journey and feel that you are in a position to help others but don’t know where to start. You are in the right place: Start here at the Grief Healing LLC where you can be trained to become a certified grief healing coach.
Now available online my UDEMY Courses
Books on Amazon.
CertifiedGrief,Life,Spirutal Coach, NLP Master Practitioner, Reiki Practitioner, Mindfulness Meditation Teacher